Day 181: Who Hates A Chocolate Fudge Cake.
I appeared dumb when my friends kept talking about sugar rush, I did not understand what it actually meant until recently. I now know understand, I hope you do know what it is.
Let me grab a cake! It will deliver a sugar rush and I will feel jovial. It will make me happy when when sweetness hit my taste buds. Who hates a chocolate fudge cake anyway?
When we choose to do that – to go for a sugar rush, I am not sure we understand the consequences as well. I am not sure if we are consciously aware that it is additional calories that you probably do not need and you will have to shed off. What happens is, that one cake leads to another and another and yet another sweet delicious cake. The result? You know….
What is my point, I am not against eating cake, I do often. I found it easy to share my thought using a cake which many people would relate with. You know if abused, that sugar rush could have negative effect on your overall health and wellbeing.
When you choose to bow to the temptation to indulge in anything, you are exchanging that same thing with your life or your inner peace. Are you aware that, your indulgence today can rob you of a week, months or even years of your life. What is the cost of your indulgence, now and in the future?
You think I am creating my assertion, Timothy in his first book, chapter five and verse six wrote; but she who is self-indulgent is dead even while she lives! I rest my thought on indulgence there.
- Day 187: Rule Number One; Have Rules!Rules are good. Every institutions, organisation – big or small and even families have rules. Individuals have rules they live by. I think you cannot make significant progress or become […]
- Day 186: Fareed Khimani On Re-building Yourself Up AgainI knew Fareed Khimani way back when I was still a teen. Honestly, I admired this guy presenter. If I would have desired to join media, I would have probably […]
- Day 185: Illusion Of Money On Your GoalsTim Ferriss wrote in his book, The Illusion of Money , “If only I had more money” is the easiest way to postpone the intense self-examination and decision-making necessary to […]
- Day 184: A Righteous Person Who Lack FaithHave you ever found yourself shaking your head in awe of some truth hitting you? That happened to me recently when the priest said that you can be a righteous […]
- Day 184: Is Your Cheese Depleting Or is It Still Intact?The pandemic we are all experiencing right now calls for a change. A change on how we conduct our personal affairs. A change in how we conduct our businesses and […]