Day 168: I Will Go Before Thee, And Make The Crooked Places Straight
Have you ever encountered a difficult period in your life? A period where your mind spirals into action asking yourself the “whys” all nasty stuff is happening to you. You may have been faithful most of your life yet a bizarre experience start hovering around your life, a heavy dark cloud like one when it just about to rain….
Though the fig tree should not blossom and there be no fruit on the vines, though the yield of the olive should fail and the fields produce no food, though the flock should be cut off from the fold and there be no cattle in the stalls, yet I will exult in the Lord, I will rejoice in the God of my salvationHabakkuk 3:17-18
Habakkuk was a prophet who was tangled and he had questions that you perhaps have asked yourself. He asks, “How long, Lord, must I call for help, but you do not listen?” Almost certainly, you have ever felt like God is taking too long.
I am prompted that not all suffering is because of sin. In fact, you might be in a very good relationship with God spending time to be with Him in prayer and worship, but troubles come, and you wonder what you will do.
God continuously emboldens us to trust Him in the gloomy moments.my favorite scripture says; “I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: and I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.
When you go through difficult moments, do not stop moving, keep going on, It is mostly dark when it is just about the dawn. Be certain about the outcome that you will rise above the current challenges. You could be going through that period so you can be an encouragement to others. You may buy into the temptation to go through your life doing miniature prayers , developing pintsize plans, competing for spots with others, hoping but not ever being quite certain about anything, and always covertly afraid that you will miss all what you have ever desired for your life.
Habakkuk in verse 18 says, “I will exalt in the Lord.” Even though I have so many “whys” questions, even though I lack clarity and I feel confusion, even though I do not see a solution in sight, and even though God does not make sense; rather than pretend that nothing is wrong I am going to exalt in the Lord. I am going to trust and sole rely on the faithfulness of God even when I cannot see him or what he is doing.
So, be encouraged…Do not stop desiring good things. Be brave and build up your Faith. Your hope will materialize. He’ll call you by your name.
- Day 186: Fareed Khimani On Re-building Yourself Up AgainI knew Fareed Khimani way back when I was still a teen. Honestly, I admired this guy presenter. If I would have desired to join media, I would have probably […]
- Day 185: Illusion Of Money On Your GoalsTim Ferriss wrote in his book, The Illusion of Money , “If only I had more money” is the easiest way to postpone the intense self-examination and decision-making necessary to […]
- Day 184: A Righteous Person Who Lack FaithHave you ever found yourself shaking your head in awe of some truth hitting you? That happened to me recently when the priest said that you can be a righteous […]
- Day 184: Is Your Cheese Depleting Or is It Still Intact?The pandemic we are all experiencing right now calls for a change. A change on how we conduct our personal affairs. A change in how we conduct our businesses and […]
- Day 182: Acceptance is Acknowledging More Than DenialAn incredible piece of scripture goes like this, “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the […]